About Me

My photo
I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for almost two years now, and when I signed up it was just for the starter kit and discount on products........ I never imagined it would snowball into being a business like it has. I am a new Mummy to my little boy, Isaac, who is almost four months old now. I am spending my maternity leave enjoying watch him grow up, becoming his own little person, and also trying to build my business up. Stampin' Up! have amazing products and I would love to share my crafting passion with as many people as possible. I am always putting through orders, so if you need anything, or just want some information or advise, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to try before you buy, then check out my classes and get booked on.

Thursday 8 December 2011

Card Class - Christmas Time Card 4

We are almost at the end of show and tell from my Christmas Card Class, I do hope you enjoyed seeing the cards we made.

The card today I love because of it's subtle look, but there are quite a few elements to it.

The card base is Cherry Cobbler, with a layer of Crumb Cake on top.  The Crumb Cake layer was stamped 3/4 way down with Serene Snowflakes in Versamark ink and covered in Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder.  This was heated creating a lovely bright, textured background.
There was a further layer of Cherry Cobbler card and Crumb Cake card.  The Crumb Cake layer was put through the Big Shot with the Perfect polka Dots Embossing Folder.


To top if off we added a 3D decoration.  The image from Contempo Christmas was stamped onto Very Vanilla three times in Cherry Cobbler ink, then all three punched out with the Ornament Punch.  They were folded in half and glued to form the 3D shape.  I bow made from 1/8" Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon was added above with a glue dot.

At the bottom we added a length of Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon and the sentiment from Contempo Christmas inked in Cherry Cobbler as well.



My friends have asked me to make them some of these cards to send to family, but they want a blue theme.  I 
will post a picture when I've finished them off.

I have one last card from this class to show you - it's very much Punch Art gone crazy.  It will be on my blog before the week is out :o)

The Details: 
Card / Paper - Cherry Cobbler / Very Vanilla / Crumb Cake
Stamps / Ink - Contempo Christmas / Cherry Cobbler / Serene Snowflakes
Embellishments - 1/8" Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon / 1/2" Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon / Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder
Tools - Ornament Punch / Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder / Big Shot / Heat Gun / Trimmer / Glue Dots

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty, Julie! I love that while the ornament is 3D, it will still fold flat for mailing! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete