About Me

My photo
I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for almost two years now, and when I signed up it was just for the starter kit and discount on products........ I never imagined it would snowball into being a business like it has. I am a new Mummy to my little boy, Isaac, who is almost four months old now. I am spending my maternity leave enjoying watch him grow up, becoming his own little person, and also trying to build my business up. Stampin' Up! have amazing products and I would love to share my crafting passion with as many people as possible. I am always putting through orders, so if you need anything, or just want some information or advise, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to try before you buy, then check out my classes and get booked on.

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Card Class - Christmas Time Card 2

This Origami Tree card was a massive hit at my Christmas Card Class last weekend!
It is a really simply technique, with such a gorgeous finished effect............  When I delivered orders to two of the ladies at class, they both told me they'd been making more of these, and one of the ladies had made 50 of them and had samples ready to show me!!!!  Fabulous...................

We used the Holly Berry Bouquet DSP for the origami Christmas tree.  You can pick any two pattern papers, they all work together beautifully.  I picked out the colours in the DSP to use for the card base and Top Note layer.


I will try and do a tutorial on how to fold the paper to make these trees over the next few days, so pop back and check it out :o)


The trees were formed, and then layered onto a piece of card cut with the Top Note Die and Big Shot.  The main card base was stamped with the Serene Snowflakes images with Versamark to give that subtle watermark effect.  Tricky to pick up in the photos sadly, but it is there.

The sentiment on these cards is from Petite Pairs, as these are pictures of cards I made for craft fairs.  At class we used the Merry Christmas sentiment from Contempo Christmas.


The card was topped off with a Rhinestone brad to act as a star on the top of the tree.  Here you can see a different DSP tree variation and card base colour combination.

The Details: 
Card / Paper - Real Red / Chocolate Chip / Wild Wasabi / Holly Berry Bouquet DSP
Stamps / Ink - Serene Snowflakes / Versamark / Chocolate Chip / Contempo Christmas / Petite Pairs
Embellishments - Rhinestone Brads
Tools - Big Shot / Top Note Die / Sticky Strip / Trimmer / Mat Pack and Paper Piercing Tool

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! Can't wait to see how you made these! My daughter loves origami. I just might have to put her to work!!

    ReplyDelete