About Me

My photo
I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for almost two years now, and when I signed up it was just for the starter kit and discount on products........ I never imagined it would snowball into being a business like it has. I am a new Mummy to my little boy, Isaac, who is almost four months old now. I am spending my maternity leave enjoying watch him grow up, becoming his own little person, and also trying to build my business up. Stampin' Up! have amazing products and I would love to share my crafting passion with as many people as possible. I am always putting through orders, so if you need anything, or just want some information or advise, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to try before you buy, then check out my classes and get booked on.

Sunday 6 November 2011

New Product Card Class - Pennant Parade Birthday

Hello lovelies!

I hope you are enjoying my showcase of card from October's class.
The card today was based on one from a recent training event that we all made.  In training we used the Just Add Cake DSP and co-ordinating cards and ink, plus the luscious Scallop Dotty Ribbon.  I have changed things up slightly to incorporate the oh so pretty Cheerful Treat DSP that is one of the bargain Hostess products that can now be bought.

For anyone that doesn't know, hostess pounds have replaced hostess levels - and it makes things so much more versatile.  For the minimum qualifying party total or individual order of £150, you now get £25 hostess pounds.  There are gorgeous hostess only products you can buy at discounted prices, or you can spend it on anything in the main catalogue, or mix and match.  A pack of these papers in only £8 hostess pounds, so you still have enough left to get a stamp set or even two!!!!  Bargain..............

Right - back to the card :o)

The base is Bashful Blue, with a layer of Concord Crush that has been punched on the top and bottom edges with the Scallop Border Punch.  Lots of layers here as we then have Melon Mambo and finally Whisper White.  The Whisper White has been stamped with the star and sunburst images from Pennant Parade stamp set, inked in Lucky Limeade and Melon Mambo.  
The Cheerful Treat DSP has been used with the Pennant Builder Punch to get the banner, and the happy is stamped in Melon Mambo with the Just Perfect Alphabet then punched with the 3/4" Circle Punch.

Along the bottom there is Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon and punched with the Modern Label Punch is the sentiment from another hostess product called Happiest Birthday Wishes.

This layout is fab and could be done in so many different colour combinations, and all you need to do is grab some DSP and take the colours from there.  So simple............

Why not have a go?

The final card from Octobers class uses the Pennant Parade stamp set for another Christmas themed card.  Be sure to come back and have a look.

xxxx

The Details: 
Card / Paper - Bashful Blue / Concord Crush / Melon Mambo / Whisper White / Cheerful Treat DSP
Stamps / Ink - Just Perfect Alphabet / Happiest Birthday Wishes / Melon Mambo
Embellishments - Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon
Tools - Scallop Border Punch / 3/4" Circle Punch / Pennant Builder Punch / Modern Label Punch / Paper Snips / Dimensionals / Trimmer / Stampin Scrub and Mist / Sticky Strip

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful card! I love your banner in cheerful treat! Such bright and happy colors!!

    ReplyDelete