About Me

My photo
I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for almost two years now, and when I signed up it was just for the starter kit and discount on products........ I never imagined it would snowball into being a business like it has. I am a new Mummy to my little boy, Isaac, who is almost four months old now. I am spending my maternity leave enjoying watch him grow up, becoming his own little person, and also trying to build my business up. Stampin' Up! have amazing products and I would love to share my crafting passion with as many people as possible. I am always putting through orders, so if you need anything, or just want some information or advise, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to try before you buy, then check out my classes and get booked on.

Friday 7 October 2011

Catty Launch Display Creations

I set to work a few weeks ago making a whole host of paper crafting items to showcase everything you can do with the wonderful Stampin' Up1 products.

These butterfly pegs were based on a swap I received at Regional Training in September.  I modified them slightly by getting smaller pegs as I thought they would make great memo board clips.  You can't see, but I also added a small round magnet on the back to they will stick to a fridge.

I stamped the Parlour Prints background stamp onto Whisper White in Island Indigo, Perfect Plum and Old Olive, then cut to the size of the peg so I could cover the front and back.
I then stamped the circular image from the new stamp set called Delicate Doilies in each colour and punched out the centre section with a 1 3/8" Circle Punch.  This was mounted onto the peg and topped with a butterfly created using the Beautiful Wings Embosslit and Big Shot.
I used a 2-Way Glue Pen to add some Dazzling Diamonds to the embossed area.  I love a touch of sparkle!


These will now be adorning my notice board to keep all of my letter and reminders in place :o)

I decided I also wanted to show off the lovely new Designer Series Papers, so I covered some notebooks.

The bottom notebook is covered with one of the patterns from the Timeless Portrait pack.  This is the gorgeous new In Colour - Island Indigo and Very Vanilla.  There are 11 other patterns in this set and all of them have a vintage feel.  The other colours used in the pack are River Rock, Basic Black and Cherry Cobbler.  It is part of the Timeless Portrait Suite that includes a stamp set and fabric!

The middle notebook is covered with one of the pattern papers from Just Add Cake.  It such a versatile DSP pack which uses eight different Stampin' Up! colours.

The top notebook is covered in DSP from a pack called Cheerful Treat.  This is a pack you can only get as a hostess.  The new Hostess Pounds really allow you to get much more of what you want for FREE.  The hostess pounds come into effect with a workshop total, or individual order, of £150.  You get £25 hostess pounds for this size workshop or order, and this pack of DSP is only £8 hostess pounds, so you would still have £17 to spend on other goodies!  How great is that?


I did line the inside of the cover with a co-ordinating piece of card to cover the folds and stuck down edges, but forgot to take a photo of that.

These are really quick to make and would be brilliant in different sizes to add in as stocking gifts this Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Two fabulous gift ideas and so pretty too! I think I really need the butterfly clips to help me stay focused and organized...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Julie - I have been covering pegs with DSP - but adding the butterflies is a beautiful idea.

    ReplyDelete