About Me

My photo
I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for almost two years now, and when I signed up it was just for the starter kit and discount on products........ I never imagined it would snowball into being a business like it has. I am a new Mummy to my little boy, Isaac, who is almost four months old now. I am spending my maternity leave enjoying watch him grow up, becoming his own little person, and also trying to build my business up. Stampin' Up! have amazing products and I would love to share my crafting passion with as many people as possible. I am always putting through orders, so if you need anything, or just want some information or advise, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to try before you buy, then check out my classes and get booked on.

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Baby Shower with Button Buddies

Oh my, oh my - has it really been nearly three weeks since my last post????  I'm not quite sure where the days have gone to..............

I have had card classes, workshops, and even done a craft session for a local youth centre, so my time has been taken up with prep work along with doing the Mon to Fri 9-5...............

I intend to remedy the situation now as I am posting all of recent creations for you to peruse over the coming days.  I hope you enjoy them xxxx

This is a card I made for my friends Jenny and Richard.  They are expecting their first baby, a little girl, in November, and this past Saturday was the baby shower.  Now I have been to a few baby showers before, but this one really was the best fun.  Jenny's friend Kelly had arranged it all, providing afternoon tea with scones, clotted cream and jam, plus biscuits, cakes and drinks..........  Plus she's arranged for lots of games, a pass the parcel, nursery rhyme quiz and one where you had to feel all these items in a bag and try and guess what they all were.  It was fab!!!!

Anyhow, I made a card for Jenny using the new Button Buddies stamp set, and jumped at the chance to use the "For Your Shower" stamp from Teeny Tiny Wishes!!!!



The base is Rose Red, with a layer of Whisper White that had been run through the Big Shot with the Lattice Square Embossing Folder. 
The circle layers were cut from the Circles # 2 Die and also the 1 3/4" Circle Punch.  The rattle images was inked in Rose Red and topped off with a Pretty in Pink Designer Button to add some contrast.
The sentiment was punched with the Word Window punch and the layer of Rose Red with the Modern Label punch.  I added some of the gorgeous Mini Brads to either end and popped it onto the card with Dimensionals.

I love the Button Buddies set, it really is fab for some quick card makes.  I have used it for some cards in my recent class, so watch out for those on my blog in the next few days.

The Details:
Card / Paper - Rose Red / Whisper White
Stamps / Ink - Button Buddies / Teeny Tiny Wishes / Rose Red Ink
Embellishments - Mini Brads / Designer Button
Tools - Big Shot / Circles # 2 Die / Square Lattice Embossing Folder / Word Window Punch / Modern Label Punch / Dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. So CAS and sweet! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to a baby shower before! Sounds like it was very well organised!!! Lovely card! There's too many sets I want from the new catty!!

    ReplyDelete