About Me

My photo
I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for almost two years now, and when I signed up it was just for the starter kit and discount on products........ I never imagined it would snowball into being a business like it has. I am a new Mummy to my little boy, Isaac, who is almost four months old now. I am spending my maternity leave enjoying watch him grow up, becoming his own little person, and also trying to build my business up. Stampin' Up! have amazing products and I would love to share my crafting passion with as many people as possible. I am always putting through orders, so if you need anything, or just want some information or advise, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to try before you buy, then check out my classes and get booked on.

Friday 2 September 2011

August Card Class - Vintage Style

The fourth card at class this month was inspired by a swap I received at a recent training event from Kerry Timms - visit her blog HERE.  I kept the design and changed up the colours.
The base is Rose Red, topped with a layer of Baja Breeze.  This has been distressed using the Cutter Kit, and also stamped with the butterfly from Clearly For You in Whisper White.  Using this ink gives a very delicate background.
Two strips of Very Vanilla have been punched with the Eyelet Border Punch and then screwed up!  Yes, you heard right, I did struggle with this at first as I'm generally a neat freak, with clean edges everywhere!  It was good fun though...........  The Rose Red centre strip was also distressed around the edges and then screwed up into a ball and then flatten back out.
I used the flat stamp and Teabag Stain ink from the Distressing Essentials kit to age the Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla and Rose Red pieces.  This kit is great, with so many tools for distressing, and four different coloured inks to work with as well.
The images from Clearly For You were inked using Markers in Crumb Cake, Rose Red and Baja Breeze, and stamped onto Very Vanilla and cut using the 1 3/8" Circle Punch.  These were also distressed before being added to the card using Dimensionals.



This card was lots of fun to make, using some great techniques.

The Details: 
Card / Paper - Rose Red / Baja Breeze / Very Vanilla
Stamps / Ink - Clearly For You / Rose Red, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake Markers / Tea Stain / Whisper White
Embellishments - None
Tools - Eyelet Border Punch / Cutter Kit / Distressing Essentials Kit / 1 3/8" Circle Punch / Trimmer / Stampin Scrub and Mist / Dimensionals / Snail

No comments:

Post a Comment