About Me

My photo
I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for almost two years now, and when I signed up it was just for the starter kit and discount on products........ I never imagined it would snowball into being a business like it has. I am a new Mummy to my little boy, Isaac, who is almost four months old now. I am spending my maternity leave enjoying watch him grow up, becoming his own little person, and also trying to build my business up. Stampin' Up! have amazing products and I would love to share my crafting passion with as many people as possible. I am always putting through orders, so if you need anything, or just want some information or advise, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to try before you buy, then check out my classes and get booked on.

Thursday 4 August 2011

Autumn Trendy Trees

I realise it seems like we have only just had a taster of summer, but the card I have to share with you today has rather an autumnal feel to it.

The layout is based on a sketch from Try Stampin On Tuesday.
I grabbed the trusty Colour Coach and set about making my card with the combo Cherry Cobbler / Pumpkin Pie and Night of Navy.  I threw in Whisper White as a neutral, and a little Daffodil Delight as well :o)



The base is Night of Navy which I have stamped with the circle tree top image from Trendy Trees in Whisper White.  I layered some polka dot Pumpkin Pie DSP from the Brights Stack, onto some Whisper White Textured  card and sponge daubed the edges in Pumpkin Pie.  The main focus is the Whisper White panel, edges sponge daubed in Cherry Cobbler with the three Trendy tree images stamped onto it.  
I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig for positioning.  I couldn't live without this tool!
I stamped the three tree trunks first in Early Espresso.  The middle image is inked in Pumpkin Pie and then I coloured the edge with a Cherry Cobbler Marker.  
The two outer trees are inked in Daffodil Delight and then I used the Thumping technique to add Pumpkin Pie and Cherry Cobbler.  You basically colour an image in the lightest colour, then use the marker of the next lightest colour and drum it up and down onto the image randomly.  Then repeat with the next colour and so on........  I've photographed a close up of each so you can really see how gorgeous the trees look.  The outer trees especially look like the leaves are about to start falling!
This is all layered on Textured Cherry Cobbler card.  The sentiment is inked in Pumpkin Pie and the punched with the Decorative Label Punch and again layered onto Textured Cherry Cobbler card.



Maybe you can have a go at Thumping too next time your crafting stash is out!

The Details: 
Card / Paper - Night of Navy / Cherry Cobbler / Whisper White / Pumpkin Pie DSP Stack
Stamps / Ink - Trendy Trees / Cherry Cobbler / Pumpkin Pie / Whisper White / Daffodil Delight / Early Espresso
Embellishments -  None
Tools - Decorative Label Punch / Sponge Daubers / Snail / Stamp-a-ma-jig / Stampin Scrub and Mist / Colour Coach / Trimmer

2 comments:

  1. This color combo is perfect for your fall card! A beautiful, fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool card. I love this stamp set!!And I love how you used it. Thanks for playing at Try Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete