About Me

My photo
I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for almost two years now, and when I signed up it was just for the starter kit and discount on products........ I never imagined it would snowball into being a business like it has. I am a new Mummy to my little boy, Isaac, who is almost four months old now. I am spending my maternity leave enjoying watch him grow up, becoming his own little person, and also trying to build my business up. Stampin' Up! have amazing products and I would love to share my crafting passion with as many people as possible. I am always putting through orders, so if you need anything, or just want some information or advise, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to try before you buy, then check out my classes and get booked on.

Wednesday 31 August 2011

August Card Class - Sail Away Card

This was one of my favourite cards of the five we made in class.  I usually struggle with cards for men, so was really pleased with this one.

Again I used the colour coach for inspiration - though the combo was meant to use Not Quite Navy, and I substituted with Baja Breeze instead.

The Sail Away stamp was inked in Early Espresso and stamped onto the Crumb Cake, plus a piece of Very Vanilla and Cherry Cobbler.  The sails were cut out of the Very Vanilla, and the boat cut from Cherry Cobbler, then both were glued to the image stamped on Crumb Cake.  The edges were distressed slightly with the wonderful Cutter Kit tool.
Another tool used for this card was the Crop-a-dile - how did I ever get on without one of these, they add so much to a card.  The ribbon was simply knotted and threaded through the Jumbo Eyelets and glued on the back to hold in place.  
The Cherry Cobbler Top Note layer was stuck down with Dimensionals to allow for the height the Jumbo Eyelets added.




You will have to excuse the line on the top left corner - during the class my card toppled over onto the Early Espresso ink pad!


The Details: 
Card / Paper - Crumb Cake / Cherry Cobbler / Baja Breeze DSP Subtles Stack / Very Vanilla
Stamps / Ink - Sail Away / Curly Cute / Early Espresso
Embellishments - 1/2" Crumb Cake Seaming Binding Ribbon / Jumbo Eyelets
Tools - Cutter Kit / Crop-a-dile / Stamp-a-ma-jig / Big Shot / Top Note Die / Dimensionals / Snail / Sticky Strip / Stampin Scrub and Mist / Paper Snips

No comments:

Post a Comment