About Me

My photo
I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for almost two years now, and when I signed up it was just for the starter kit and discount on products........ I never imagined it would snowball into being a business like it has. I am a new Mummy to my little boy, Isaac, who is almost four months old now. I am spending my maternity leave enjoying watch him grow up, becoming his own little person, and also trying to build my business up. Stampin' Up! have amazing products and I would love to share my crafting passion with as many people as possible. I am always putting through orders, so if you need anything, or just want some information or advise, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to try before you buy, then check out my classes and get booked on.

Wednesday 27 July 2011

My Workshop Birdie and Box

Oh my goodness,

I was about to write this post to show you the card and pillow box that we made at the workshop I did this past weekend, but first I thought I'd catch up on my favourite blogs and see what's been going on with everyone else.  How weird is it then that I clicked onto the lovely Amy Tidd's blog to find pretty much the exact same card on there as I did at workshop?  And Amy has scheduled her posts for most of this month as she's away on a school trip to Tanzania!  Well, her colours are So Saffron and Soft Suede, so take a look to see how great it looks in these colours too..............Amy Tidd

So I decided on using this card design for a workshop as it showcased the wonderful card stock, the beautiful Vintage Vogue stamp set, plus the 2 Step Bird Punch, as well as how wonderful the IDEAS BOOK and Catalogue is for getting IDEAS!!!!!  This card is CAS'd straight from page 16 of the main catty.

The ladies all loved this cute like bird and they had fun with the paper piercing too.




The card base is Blushing Bride with the two flower images from Vintage Vogue stamped over it also in Blushing Bride.  The we sponge daubed a piece of Crumb Cake card with Crumb Cake ink.  The Very Vanilla card had two lines of holes added, and the sentiment from Vintage Vogue added above in Crumb Cake ink.  The bird was punched out from Blushing Bride card and the leafy part from Old Olive.  We used the vine stamp to add a pattern to the main body of the bird in Blushing Bride ink, and then popped the wing on with a dimensional.  All the layers were then glued together.

The second make and take we did was using the Pillow Box Die and the Big Shot.
We used Baja Breeze card and cut the pillow box out, then popped it into the Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder.  The red sticky strip keeps this box stuck together brilliantly.
A strip of Elegant Soiree DSP was popped around the middle of the box and then we popped it open and pushed the ends into place.  Lastly we added some Silver Elastic Cord and a Designer Button.
So quick and cute.  Great for wedding favours, or table gifts for Christmas if done in different colours, or add some tissue paper and jewellery for a gift for a friend or family member, or yourself!


I had a thoroughly good time at the workshop on Saturday night.  Sam you had a beautiful home and wonderful friends and family.  I can't wait for the next one :o)

The Details: 
Card / Paper - Blushing Bride / Crumb Cake / Very Vanilla / Baja Breeze / Elegant Soiree DSP
Stamps / Ink - Vintage Vogue / Blushing Bride / Crumb Cake
Embellishments - Designer Button / Silver Elastic Cord
Tools - 2 Step Bird Punch / Sponge Dauber / Trimmer / Stampin Scrub and Mist / Snail / Dimensionals / Sticky Strip / Paper Piercing Tool / Mat Pack

1 comment:

  1. hehe! Just been checking up from my blog posts - how strange that we both did the same thing - great minds think alike! Love the colour combo! Amyx

    ReplyDelete