About Me

My photo
I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for almost two years now, and when I signed up it was just for the starter kit and discount on products........ I never imagined it would snowball into being a business like it has. I am a new Mummy to my little boy, Isaac, who is almost four months old now. I am spending my maternity leave enjoying watch him grow up, becoming his own little person, and also trying to build my business up. Stampin' Up! have amazing products and I would love to share my crafting passion with as many people as possible. I am always putting through orders, so if you need anything, or just want some information or advise, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to try before you buy, then check out my classes and get booked on.

Tuesday 21 June 2011

My First Gift Card Holder

Hi everyone!  How is Tuesday treating you so far?  Good I hope.

I wanted to share with you a gift card holder that I made all by myself, no tutorial, no template.  Probably not the most difficult of tasks, but I was pretty pleased with it.
It came about because I recently ordered the Scallop Envelope Sizzix Die, which I knew was only small, but I was disappointed to find that is was only a few millimeters short of fitting a gift card :o(  I should have checked this out before ordering it maybe!

So, time to sort one out for myself.
I cut a piece of textured Concord Crush card to 23cm by 9cm, then scored at 1cm and 12cm along the longest side.  Fold and run the Bone Folder over these, then run a length of Sticky Strip along the 1cm tab and fold round and stick down.  I enclosed the bottom by popping in two Eyelets with my Crop-o-dile, and then tied some 1/2" Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding Ribbon through the holes.  I used the 1" punch on the top edge to make a grab hole.  I used Pear Pizzazz cut 10cm by 7.5cm for the insert, and using the gift card as a guide cut two slits at opposite corners to hold the gift card in place.  I topped it off with one of the Four Frames stamped images with a sentiment from So Happy For You, a retired SAB set, and punched it out with the Decorative Label Punch.
A pretty quick and useful make.  It adds a nice personal touch to something which can sometimes be seen as a non-personal gift, though sometimes gift cards are the only way to go :o)



I hope you find this item and my (hopefully understandable) instructions of use to you.
Let me know what you think of my creation by leaving a comment below - and if you'd like to have a workshop in your home, then this is one of the projects we can make along with some cards.  Just email me for information at craftybugjules@yahoo.co.uk

The Details: 
Card / Paper - Concord Crush Textured / Pear Pizzazz / Whisper White
Stamps / Ink -Four Frames / So Happy For You (retired SAB) / Pear Pizzazz / Concord Crush
Embellishments - 1/2" Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding Ribbon / Small Eyelets
Tools - Crop-o-dile / Decorative Label Punch / 1" Circle Punch / Bone Folder / Stamp-a-ma-jig / Trimmer / Stampin Scrub and Mist

No comments:

Post a Comment