About Me

My photo
I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for almost two years now, and when I signed up it was just for the starter kit and discount on products........ I never imagined it would snowball into being a business like it has. I am a new Mummy to my little boy, Isaac, who is almost four months old now. I am spending my maternity leave enjoying watch him grow up, becoming his own little person, and also trying to build my business up. Stampin' Up! have amazing products and I would love to share my crafting passion with as many people as possible. I am always putting through orders, so if you need anything, or just want some information or advise, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to try before you buy, then check out my classes and get booked on.

Saturday 25 June 2011

My Birthday Card for Rachel

Finally we are on to the card I made for Rachel from me and my OH.
I went pink, pink,pink with this one and thought she'd love butterflies :o)



The card base is Pink Pirouette and I mounted Rose Red card and Pretty in Pink DSP on top with a Scalloped Border Punched edge.  I double punched Rose Red card with the 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch.  The butterflies are from the Butterfly Prints stamp set and are inked in Pink Pirouette also.  The effect is very subtle.  I added some sparkle with a big Basic Rhinestone on each butterfly.
I did this lovely effect with the ribbon by fraying one end and then grabbing a couple of threads and pulling on them.  This gathers the ribbon together so you just have to push the gathering down the ribbon and keep going pulling until you have the length of gathered ribbon you need.  It's stuck down using sticky strip.
The sentiment is actually from the USA Stampin' Up! set called Create a Cupcake.  I really hope we get this in the 2011/2012 catty - I have my fingers crossed :o)

Right, that's it for today.  I'm off to meet Hayley Gillie and discuss the stall I'm helping out with next weekend at the ArtStamp show at Newbury Race Course.  If you live nearby, pop along and see what wonderful Stampin' Up! products and cards are on display and take part in a make and take project as well.
I'm really looking forward to it!

The Details: 
Card / Paper -  Rose Red / Pink Pirouette / Whisper White / Pretty in Pink DSP
Stamps / Ink - Create a Cupcake (USA only) / Butterfly Prints / Rose Red / Pink Pirouette
Embellishments - Basic Rhinestones / 1/2" Rose Red Seam Binding Ribbon
Tools - Scallop Border Punch / Butterfly Punch / 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch / Word Window Punch / Sticky Strip / Snail / Dimensionals / Trimmer / Stampin Scrub and Mist

No comments:

Post a Comment