About Me

My photo
I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for almost two years now, and when I signed up it was just for the starter kit and discount on products........ I never imagined it would snowball into being a business like it has. I am a new Mummy to my little boy, Isaac, who is almost four months old now. I am spending my maternity leave enjoying watch him grow up, becoming his own little person, and also trying to build my business up. Stampin' Up! have amazing products and I would love to share my crafting passion with as many people as possible. I am always putting through orders, so if you need anything, or just want some information or advise, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to try before you buy, then check out my classes and get booked on.

Tuesday 7 June 2011

ILWS - Swaps Galore!

I did my first swaps a few weeks ago when I went to Team Training, and I think it is a fabulous way to get new ideas and inspiration, and also to see how stamp sets I may not own can be used.
In Love With Stamping (ILWS) is a forum site for card crafts, mostly Stampin' Up! related, but not always.

Well a lovely lady started a thread to see if anyone was interested in doing a swap of cards from your favourite stamp set, so I grabbed the opportunity and signed up.  I went with Fox and Friends, it a one of my favourites and I always think it works brilliantly with the Brights colour family.

We had to make 10 full cards not just the card fronts, send them to the lovely Linda, who grabs one of each and posts 10 different ones back to everyone.  Simple!

Here's the cards I made - all lined up!

I picked out five of the animals in the set and five of the Brights colour family.
The base card for all of them is Textured Crumb Cake and I also added some 1/4" Early Espresso Grosgrain Ribbon to each of them.


Here's one close up.





I love the look you get with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.
I'll post a picture of the swaps I get back, hopefully in the next week or so :o)

Please let me know what you think by popping a comment at the bottom of this post.  It's lovely to read everyones comments.

The Details: 
Card / Paper - Brights DSP / Crumb Cake Textured / Whisper White / Tempting Turquoise / Rich Razzleberry / Daffodil Delight / Old Olive / Pumpkin Pie
Stamps / Ink - Fox and Friends / Something to Celebrate (Level 2 Hostess) / Tempting Turquoise / Rich Razzleberry / Daffodil Delight / Old Olive / Pumpkin Pie
Embellishments - 1/4" Early Espresso Grosgrain Ribbon
Tools - 1 3/4" x 7/8" Oval Punch / Scallop Oval Punch / Sticky Strip / Dimensionals / Snail / Stampin Scrub and Mist / Trimmer / Square Lattice Embossing Folder

No comments:

Post a Comment