About Me

My photo
I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for almost two years now, and when I signed up it was just for the starter kit and discount on products........ I never imagined it would snowball into being a business like it has. I am a new Mummy to my little boy, Isaac, who is almost four months old now. I am spending my maternity leave enjoying watch him grow up, becoming his own little person, and also trying to build my business up. Stampin' Up! have amazing products and I would love to share my crafting passion with as many people as possible. I am always putting through orders, so if you need anything, or just want some information or advise, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to try before you buy, then check out my classes and get booked on.

Thursday 30 June 2011

Congratulations!

Is it me, or does there seem to be lots and lots of pregnant ladies out there at the moment?
Three people I know are pregnant at the moment, with one about to drop any day now!  And everywhere I go there are bumps around........
One of the lovely ladies I work with has just found out her friend is expecting, so she asked me to make a card to send her.

I thought I'd give the Baby Grow card a go.  I've seen lots of these cards on various sites and think they are so cute.  


I used Nursery Suite DSP for the edging, and went with the So Saffron colouring as this is a great neutral colour.  I used Whisper White to make an A6 card base and used the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder to give it a lovely texture.  I then cut the sides in at an angle and used the 1 3/8" circle punch to make the leg holes and the neck line.  I used the same punch on the DSP and then used the 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch to get scalloped rings to stick onto the card.  The little duck comes from the Every Little Bit stamp set, inked in So Saffron and I used the Aqua Painter to colour it in lightly.  Too much water makes the Whisper White card bobble, so use as little as possible just to get a smudge of colour.  This was punched and mounted.
I also added a sentiment inside as well, but forgot to take a picture of this.  It was from the Bundle of Love stamp set.

I hope your friend likes the card Dee Dee :o)

The Details: 
Card / Paper - Whisper White / Nursery Suite DSP
Stamps / Ink - Bundle of Love / Every Little Bit / So Saffron
Embellishments - None
Tools -Aqua Painter / 1 3/8" Circle Punch / 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch / Trimmer / 2-Way Glue / Dimensionals / Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder

2 comments:

  1. Lovely use of the polka dots folder Julie. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen cards like this before. Great idea isn't it! Love the use of the embossing folder and dsp! Xx

    ReplyDelete