About Me

My photo
I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for almost two years now, and when I signed up it was just for the starter kit and discount on products........ I never imagined it would snowball into being a business like it has. I am a new Mummy to my little boy, Isaac, who is almost four months old now. I am spending my maternity leave enjoying watch him grow up, becoming his own little person, and also trying to build my business up. Stampin' Up! have amazing products and I would love to share my crafting passion with as many people as possible. I am always putting through orders, so if you need anything, or just want some information or advise, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to try before you buy, then check out my classes and get booked on.

Monday 6 June 2011

Anniversary - take two!

As well as the Anniversary card I made for my brother and his girlfriend from me, I was also asked to make one for my brother to receive from Alex.  I obviously wanted it to be completely different to the one I'd made for them both, so I used the Internet to search for ideas and ended up using the Two-Step Bird Punch for this one.
This punch is amazing!  Like the owl punch it has so many uses, though I stuck with it's primary function as a bird.

I decided to use the Springtime Vintage DSP from the mini catalogue, though I only used a small strip of it.  However, I did use the colours from this paper stack to form the basis of the card.  Rose Red, Pear Pizzazz and Crumb Cake, plus some Whisper White.
I punched out a couple of birds in Rose Red and dauber the edges with the same colour ink.  The hearts were punched from Rose Red card also with the Small Heart Punch, and again daubed with ink on the edges.

The sentiment is from a retired stamp set called Sealed with a Kiss.  I really love this script writing with the heart linking the words.  It's such a shame it was retired at the end of the last catalogue.


The hearts and the bird wings were all popped onto the card with Dimensionals to prevent the card looking to flat.  I think it's a really cute card and hope that Alex is pleased with ti as well.
What do you think? - let me know by leaving a comment below.........

The Details: 
Card / Paper - Whisper White / Rose Red / Crumb Cake textured / Pear Pizzazz smooth and textured / Springtime Vintage DSP
Stamps / Ink - Sealed with a Kiss (retired) / Rose Red
Embellishments - None
Tools - Word Window Punch / Two-Step Bird Punch / Small Heart Punch / Dimensionals / Trimmer / Daubers / 2-Way Glue / Stampin Scrub and Mist

No comments:

Post a Comment