About Me

My photo
I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for almost two years now, and when I signed up it was just for the starter kit and discount on products........ I never imagined it would snowball into being a business like it has. I am a new Mummy to my little boy, Isaac, who is almost four months old now. I am spending my maternity leave enjoying watch him grow up, becoming his own little person, and also trying to build my business up. Stampin' Up! have amazing products and I would love to share my crafting passion with as many people as possible. I am always putting through orders, so if you need anything, or just want some information or advise, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to try before you buy, then check out my classes and get booked on.

Monday 30 May 2011

Printed Petals Birthday

Hello,

Monday again, but not so bad this week seeing as it's a day off work.
I managed to get some crafting done yesterday afternoon and started working my way through a list of cards my (almost) sister in law asked me to make.  Three down, another 10 or so to go!!!!  It will be keeping me busy today :o)  And a brilliant excuse not to be helping my lovely boyfriend re-felt the shed roof!

So, a birthday card today.  I used the Printed Petals stamp set and my trusty Colour Coach to find this lovely bright colour combo of Sahara Sand, Regal Rose and Tempting Turquoise.  In never ceases to amaze me how colours I would never have though to put together work so well.

I used all of the colours and various stamps to cover some Whisper White card, then I inked up the image that co-ordinates with the 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch in Regal Rose and stamped it onto a separate piece of white and punched it out.  I added a Tempting Turquoise Designer Button and popped this over the same design on the main sheet.  I mounted it on some textured and smooth card, and before putting this all onto the Sahara Sand card blank I added my sentiment.  I stamped Birthday Wishes (from So Happy For You SAB retired set) in Versamark ink, then added White Embossing Powder and used my heat gun to melt and set this.
I was worried that the white sentiment wouldn't show very well on the light card base, but it came out really well.


I am entering this card into The Paper Players challenge this week - Anything Goes!

The Details: 
Card / Paper - Sahara Sand / Temping Turquoise / Whisper White / Regal Rose textured
Stamps / Ink - Printed Petals / So Happy For You (retired SAB) / Regal Rose / Tempting Turquoise / Sahara Sand / Versamark
Embellishments - Designer Button
Tools - White Embossing Powder / 1 3/4" Scalloped Circle Punch / Colour Coach / Stamp-a-ma-jig / Snail / Glue Dots / Dimensionals / Trimmer / Stampin Scrub and Mist

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Julie! I love the bright and happy colours! The sentiment looks awesome on the Sahara paper! Thanks for sharing with us at the Paper Players!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree--the white sentiment looks fabulous and ties in nicely with the white BG paper. Great job on the collage stamping you've made it look effortless! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I am a huge fan on the Color Coach and this is why! Those colors look awesome together. Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! I like the white sentiment, too! Thanks so much for playing with the paper players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the colors! The button center for the flower is the perfect touch. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, this is so fun! I really like the great color combination and the white embossed sentiment really pops. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete