About Me

My photo
I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for almost two years now, and when I signed up it was just for the starter kit and discount on products........ I never imagined it would snowball into being a business like it has. I am a new Mummy to my little boy, Isaac, who is almost four months old now. I am spending my maternity leave enjoying watch him grow up, becoming his own little person, and also trying to build my business up. Stampin' Up! have amazing products and I would love to share my crafting passion with as many people as possible. I am always putting through orders, so if you need anything, or just want some information or advise, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to try before you buy, then check out my classes and get booked on.

Thursday 5 May 2011

More Butterflies - PPA92 Celebrity Color Challenge

Two posts in one day - I'm addicted!

I thought I'd take part in another challenge today - this time it's a Pals Paper Arts Colour Challenge!

This weeks challenge is all about working with the wonderful spring palette of Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait and Poppy Parade.

I decided to use a couple of products I've not played with before - the Eyelet Border punch and the All a Flutter a la carte stamp (one of the great single stamps you can buy from the main catalogue - inside the back page)



I've stamped the butterfly onto whisper white card in peach parfait, though I thought it would be nice to have one stand out a little more, so I inked it in peach and then coloured the body and wing edges with the poppy parade marker before stamping onto the centre of the card.  The card base is poppy parade also, and I've added in pear pizzazz by way of a border punched from the DSP Pack - In Colour which is a level 1 hostess product.

Summer is on the way, and so are the butterflies :o)

The Details: 
Card / Paper - Poppy Parade / Whisper White / DSP Pack - In Colour Pear Pizzazz
Stamps / Ink - All a Flutter / Peach Parfait / Poppy Parade marker
Embellishments - None 
Tools - Eyelet Border Punch / Two-way Glue / Stampin Scrub & Mist / Trimmer

2 comments:

  1. I love your card, Julie! You did a great job with the color challenge! I love your use of the butterfly stamp, especially the single one stamped in Poppy Parade (very clever)! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - great job with the color challenge. I love the eyelet border bunch. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete