About Me

My photo
I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for almost two years now, and when I signed up it was just for the starter kit and discount on products........ I never imagined it would snowball into being a business like it has. I am a new Mummy to my little boy, Isaac, who is almost four months old now. I am spending my maternity leave enjoying watch him grow up, becoming his own little person, and also trying to build my business up. Stampin' Up! have amazing products and I would love to share my crafting passion with as many people as possible. I am always putting through orders, so if you need anything, or just want some information or advise, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to try before you buy, then check out my classes and get booked on.

Friday 13 May 2011

Finally I can blog!

Finally I can blog! Hurray.........

I've been trying to get on and post a blog since yesterday evening, without any success, but whatever the problem was it appears to be sorted out now.

So Wednesday, my crafty day.  Well it didn't go quite as planned as unfortunately my lovely dad was taken ill.  He's in the hospital, but doing OK, and it's just a case of the consultants figuring out what's going on.  So with visiting and then trying to pick my car up, and being back at work, it's been a busy few days. 
I wanted to get a post in yesterday, but was lacking inspiration so checked to see what challenges were about.

Pals Paper Arts Challenge this week was to create anything for a wedding - a card, an invitation, a place card, or perhaps a favor.

I'd been looking on Split Coast Stampers website as I have been wanting to make a box to hold note cards, so I used one of the tutorials to come up with this box which is to hold 3" x 3" note cards but could be used for favours, though maybe made a bit smaller. 


Not the greatest photograph, sorry about that!
I used the In Colour DSP in Blushing Bride as it seemed appropriate for the challenge.  I also tried out my Daisy Die and layered the cut-outs in various colours, I had run the card through the polka dot embossing folder first which added a nice texture to the flowers.

Right, tomorrow I am off to my first team training session, so I hope to have lots of lovely things to show you when I get back.  I'm really looking forward to meeting some of the other Stampin Stars and getting some inspiration.  I haven't yet finished my swaps to take with me, so I'd best get on with that  xxx

The Details: 
Card / Paper - Chocolate Chip Textured Card / Very Vanilla Card / Blushing Bride Card and DSP
Stamps / Ink - None
Embellishments - DS Button
Tools - Trimmer / Eyelet Border Punch / Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder / Flower Daisies # 2 Die / Sticky Strip / Glue Dots

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous note card box!!! Love it! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts

    ReplyDelete